Adjunct Instructor, Ceramics
Start date: Applications will be reviewed beginning 10/25/21, and an appointment made as soon as a suitable candidate is discerned.
The Department of Art, Design & Creative Innovation at FPU offers a well-rounded curriculum for students in Studio Art, Arts Administration and Graphic Design. FPU’s Art & Design department has been a growing and vibrant since 2007 and continues to attract much student interest in the area of studio arts with many students interested in completing a major or minor in Studio Art.
HRSS offers academic programs for two student population groups:
- Traditional undergraduate students
- Graduate Masters students.
The Instructor of Ceramics will: ~ Teach a variety of classes in Ceramics (beginners and advanced levels).
- Be available to give advice to art students as they improve their proficiency in Ceramics.
- Encourage and promote student involvement in the local Ceramics and 3D art opportunities.
- Earned MA degree in Studio Art or related field (a BA degree will be considered with substantial industry experience).
- Experience in, or aptitude for, college-level teaching with demonstrated excellence in the areas of Ceramics.
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning.
- Evidence of involvement in a church or the larger Christian community.
- Ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Active involvement in the local ceramics community and the ability to encourage student involvement in this field.
- Understanding of issues pertaining to the relationship between studio art and spiritual faith.
Dependent on qualifications and experience and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA).
A faculty application is available at fpu.edu/visitors/careers - the link is in the job description on the FPU website.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
Ron Herms, Ph.D.
School of HRSS, Box 2301
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email HRSS@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University is the only accredited Christian university founded in the Central Valley. FPU connects every student’s untapped potential with unlimited opportunity for professional, personal and ethical growth. FPU offers undergraduate, graduate and seminary programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation to more than 3,500 traditional and adult students on the main campus in southeast Fresno and regional campuses in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 8,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, and is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 47 percent. FPU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. Both U.S. News and Washington Monthly include FPU on their “Best Value” and “Best Bang for the Buck” lists, U.S. News places it at number 13 in its category for student social mobility and Money has ranked it at number 11 among 50 Best Colleges for Transfer Students. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific Idea here.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.