Faculty in Nursing
Full-time or part-time, with faculty rank; non-continuing status track (non-tenure); 11 month faculty appointment, in the School of Natural Sciences.
Fresno Pacific University’s nursing program invites applications for a full-time or part-time faculty position. The nursing program currently has a CCNE accredited ADN – BSN program and will be starting a newly approved MSN program in fall 2013 with options for Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Clinical Nurse Specialist focusing on aging (CNS). All courses will be offered in a blended format. This position will participate in planning, teaching, and evaluating theory and clinical courses in both undergraduate and graduate programs. The faculty position will be based at the FPU North Fresno Center and require travel to regional centers in Visalia and Merced.
- Teach in both undergraduate and graduate degree programs;
- Plan, teach and evaluate theory and clinical courses;
- Provide competent instruction in the clinical and theoretical areas of nursing;
- Participate in and contribute to the team-teaching of classroom and clinical courses;
- Utilize the university online assessment system for teaching and learning;
- Supervise students at various clinical sites;
- Maintain a relationship with clinical sites and professional peers and assist with clinical placements for nursing practicums;
- Promote positive and productive relationships with hospitals, clinics, businesses, and agencies in the health care community;
- Attend faculty meetings;
- Mentor and advise nursing students;
- Serve on university committees as needed;
- Maintain professional memberships and scholarly activities;
- Work closely with the nursing director and regional center staff.
- Doctorate in nursing or other related discipline (DNP, PHD, or EdD completed or in progress);
- Master’s degree in nursing with an FNP or CNS clinical focus;
- Candidate must be nationally certified or eligible for certification;
- Current California RN license or qualified to receive California license;
- California Public Health Certificate or qualified to receive certification;
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement;
- Mentor and advise nursing majors (as well as general education students);
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Minimum of three years of university teaching experience;
- Current clinical nursing experience;
- Able to learn and navigate technology, course management systems, and virtual learning environments such as Moodle and Blackboard.
Download and complete an application.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
- Karen Cianci, Ph.D.
- Dean, School of Natural Sciences
- Fresno Pacific University
- 1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2304
- Fresno, CA 93702
- Or email: FPUProv@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or physical handicap in its hiring practices. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.