Faculty in Nursing – Chair and Director of Nursing
Department: Nursing - The School of Natural Sciences
Reports to: Dean, School of Natural Sciences
Status: Faculty rank; clinical or tenure track
Time commitment: Full-time: 11-month appointment
Start date: 07/01/2022
Fresno Pacific University’s growing nursing program invites applications for a visionary nursing leader/educator to expand our service to the community, locally and globally. The current CCNE accredited programs include a RN–to–BSN program and a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program with a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) focus which has had CCNE accreditation since 2013 and was just BRN-approved in 2021. A baccalaureate BSN program received approval to launch an inaugural cohort of 24 for Fall 2022. This nursing leader will work with a talented team of faculty and university leadership to expand innovative and Christ-centered service to those underserved in the community. The ideal candidate will also have expertise in Med-surge, obstetrics, mental health, pediatrics -or- geriatrics and enthusiasm to build programs.
- Provide visionary leadership for the nursing department.
- Oversee administration of all aspects of nursing programs.
- Teach in the masters or undergraduate programs.
- Lead assessment and accreditation reviews.
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda (tenure-track).
- Lead ongoing professional development for faculty in teaching preparation, nursing theory and practice, faith and liberal arts integration.
- Develop and maintain strong community relationships both with internal and external constituents.
- Maintain professional memberships and professional development.
- Teach in one or more of the following specializations: pediatrics, obstetrics, mental health, and/or geriatrics.
- Develop curriculum in area of expertise.
- Clinical position with a requirement of a masters degree -OR-
- Tenure-track position with a requirement of a terminal degree (or completion of a terminal degree, PhD, EdD or DNP, as a requisite for continued employment).
- Minimum of one (1) year direct patient RN experience within the previous five (5) years of clinical nursing experience in one of the following area(s): critical care, obstetrics, mental health, pediatrics, or geriatrics.
- Must previously have one (1+) or more years experience as a Director of a BSN or MSN program -OR-
- Two (2+) or more years experience as a BRN-approved Assistant Director of a BSN or MSN program.
- Evidence of effective academic, administrative leadership within BSN, RN-to-BSN or MSN programs.
- Unrestricted and unencumbered current California Registered Nurse license.
- Evidence of potential for excellence in teaching at a collegiate level. Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment. Evidence of passion for student mentoring.
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement (tenure-track).
- Experiences with accreditation such as State Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) and Collegiate College Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Doctoral degree.
- Family Nurse Practitioner with National Certification.
- Ability to navigate technology, course management systems, and virtual learning environments such as Moodle or Typhon.
- Bilingual and multicultural competencies.
Dependent on qualifications and experience and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF).
A faculty application is available here - the link is in the job description on the FPU website.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vitae, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
Dean, School of Natural Sciences
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2304
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresno Pacific University is the only accredited Christian university founded in the Central Valley. FPU connects every student’s untapped potential with unlimited opportunity for professional, personal and ethical growth. FPU offers undergraduate, graduate and seminary programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation to more than 3,500 traditional and adult students on the main campus in southeast Fresno and regional campuses in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 8,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, and is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 47 percent. FPU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. Both U.S. News and Washington Monthly include FPU on their “Best Value” and “Best Bang for the Buck” lists, U.S. News places it at number 13 in its category for student social mobility and Money has ranked it at number 11 among 50 Best Colleges for Transfer Students. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific Idea here.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.