Intensive English Language Program (IELP)
The Intensive English Language Program (IELP) at Fresno Pacific University (FPU) is designed for international students and recent immigrants seeking to improve their English abilities. Many of our students are preparing for college level coursework while others are studying for personal or professional advancement. The IELP is part of the Humanities Division in the School of Humanities, Religion and Social Sciences at FPU.
- 23 hours of instruction each week
- Beginning to advanced levels of instruction
- Up-to-date teaching methods
- Trained and experienced teachers with master's degrees in TESOL/linguistics
- Intense academic preparation in academic reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Intensive English Language Program
- Students who prefer to study English for personal or professional reasons may enroll in English language courses for no credit, without being admitted to the undergraduate program at FPU.
- Undergraduate Studies (regular UG fees are applied)
- Students who are academically qualified as undergraduates at FPU, except for English language proficiency, may be admitted to the undergraduate program and take English language courses in the IELP for credit. How to apply as an International Undergraduate
How to Apply
- Submit an application for admission (contact admission office for paper application)
There is a $40 application fee, which may be waived with attendance at certain events.
- If you are already studying in the U.S. and will be transferring to FPU, please fill out the Transfer Form with your international adviser.
- Submit financial documentation by email:
- A bank statement (proof of income that shows how much money is available to you to pay for your studies; should reflect last two months)
- Affidavit of Financial Support
- Note: These forms are required to obtain an I-20 and can be filled out by the person paying for your education. Please keep the originals for your visa interview and send us copies via email or fax.
- Submit a copy of your passport (the page containing your photo) via email.
All application materials should be emailed to email@example.com.
*Please note that all admitted students are required to submit a non-refundable confirmation deposit prior to receiving an I-20. Please visit the IELP Admitted Students page to learn more about the steps after admission.
The files listed below require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Acrobat Reader is a free download. If you have any problems downloading these files, please call us at 01-559-453-2169.