The Samaritan Scholarship
The Samaritan scholarship is for undocumented, academically prepared, first-time freshman or transfer students who have completed their high school education in California.
The Samaritan scholarship program provides leadership development, mentoring, career internship opportunities and cultural events/conferences that scholars can lead and attend.
- Must be an undocumented student.
- Must have attended and graduated from a high school in California.
- Demonstrated Christian commitment.
- Must have filed and submitted the California Dream Act Application.
Program Requirements (if awarded)
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at FPU.
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA; mid-semester grade reporting required.
- Regular attendance at FPU's College Hour (14 times/semester).
- Active involvement in campus life (ie: clubs, student government, newspaper, etc.)
- Active participation in leadership with the Office of Spiritual Formation.
- Active involvement in a local church.
- Annual review with program coordinator to review achievements.
- Apply and be admitted to Fresno Pacific University by the established deadlines.
- Submit a completed Samaritan Scholarship application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit essays as detailed on the Samaritan Scholarship application form
- Submit a letter of reference attesting to your leadership and academic qualities. Please use a person who was not used during the admission process to the university. Letters can be mailed to Office of Undergraduate Admission 1717 S. Chestnut, Fresno, CA or emailed to Dreamers@fresno.edu
- Submit DREAM Act application for financial aid at www.csac.ca.gov
Deadlines to Apply
All steps must be completed prior to the deadlines to be considered.
Priority deadline for Spring: December 1
After December 1, scholarship applications will be accepted on a rolling basis if funds are available.
Priority deadline for Fall: March 2
After March 2, scholarship applications will be accepted on a rolling basis if funds are available
For more information about campus support, financial aid, and resources for undocumented students, please visit our Dreamer Student Resources page.