Lynn Jost, Ph.D.
Share why you teach at FPU
To equip Christian leaders who will transform lives.
- Preaching the Old Testament
- War in the Hebrew Bible
- Deuteronomistic History (Joshua through Kings)
Professional and Service Experience
I was a short-term missionary to Spain with MB Mission from 1977-1980. Upon return, I pastored for 10 years in Kingsburg, California, and Hesston, Kansas. I then taught Bible at Tabor College from 1990-2006. While at Tabor, I chaired the MB Confession of Faith Task Force which completed its work in 1999, and served on the International MB Confession of Faith Task Force which completed its work in 2003. I also served as chair of various committees, including Southern District MB Church Extension and Evangelism Commission, Tabor College Enrollment Management Board Committee, and General Conference (US/Canada) and US MB Boards of Faith and Life. I was chair of the Bible Department and the Humanities Division at Tabor College. I served as moderator of the Hillsboro MB Church.
Honors and Awards
Tabor College Junior Alumni Merit Award
Guiding verse: "Seek first the reign of God and God's righteousness, and all these things will be added to you as well." - Matthew 6:33
I was raised in the home of a Mennonite Brethren pastor in Kansas and South Dakota.
Publications and Presentations
- Family Matters: Discovering the Mennonite Brethren, co-authored with Connie Faber, 2002
Chapters in the following books:
- The Old Testament in the Life of God's People: Essays in Honor of Elmer A. Martens, edited by Jon Isaak, published by Eisenbrauns, 2009
- For Everything a Season: Mennonite Brethren in North America, 1874-2002: An Informal History, by Paul Toews and Kevin Enns-Rempel, published by Kindred Productions, 2002
- Anabaptist Preaching, edited by David B. Greiser and Michael A. King, published by Cascadia Publishing House, 2003
- Knowing and Living Your Faith: A Study of the Confessions of Faith - ICOMB, published by Kindred Productions, 2008
All Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary faculty members are available for preaching and are prepared to lead a seminar on calling out leaders for training and ministry. Lynn is eager to teach and preach in the church setting. His preaching experience includes Old Testament narratives, the call of God, the story of Esther, and other biblical texts.