Larry Dunn, Ph.D.
Church Conflict and Peacemaking
School of Humanities, Religion and Social Sciences
Explore Church Conflict and Peacemaking
When you're called to heal,
the possibilities are endless.
Church leaders are often asked to aid in conflict management and resolution. With this certificate you’ll gain both a deeper understanding of peace and practice in implementing conflict resolution strategies.
The specific dynamics of church conflict are covered through explorations of peacemaking ethics, conflict analysis, group dynamics and interpersonal communication, as well as church conflict management.
- Hands-on experience in mediation and facilitation
- Cooperative learning with the Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary
- Faculty who specialize in church conflict resolution
The purpose of this program is to prepare both church leaders and lay people to be effective peacemakers and conflict managers in the church.
Main Fresno Campus
Required Courses (15 Units)
- PACS 702 - Theological Ethics of Conflict and Peacemaking Credits 3
- PACS 708 - Conflict Analysis Credits 3
- PACS 752 - Church Conflict Management and Leadership Credits 3
- PACS 756 - Introductory Practicum in Mediation Credits 1
Select one of the following:
- PACS 716 - Group Dynamics and Processes Credits 3
- PACS 751 - Conflict and Peacemaking Across Cultures Credits 3
- PACS 758 - Advanced Mediation Credits 3
- Other approved elective
With an FPU Education
The decision to embark on graduate studies is a big one. Our 40+ graduate programs will equip you to succeed in your career and in your life. You’ll become part of a small community of learners, thrive in a flexible learning environment and be challenged by a rigorous curriculum. Learn how much further you can go at FPU!
First Steps to Admission
- Apply online
- Submit 2-3 reference forms (Varies based on program of interest)
These can be filled out by academic or professional acquaintances familiar with your ability to complete graduate-level work. Print the reference form.
- Include statement of intent.
You can also provide an addendum explaining your interest in the program, any long-term goals and your experience in the field.
- Request official transcripts.
Transcripts must be from accredited institutions to verify your bachelor’s degree. Send transcripts electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail sealed transcripts to the Registrar’s Office at 1717 S. Chestnut Ave. Fresno, CA 93702.
- Complete program requirements.
These requirements are specific to your program of choice. You will be contacted for an interview and additional requirements if applicable.
- Apply for financial aid.
You can apply for FAFSA. Use FPU school code: 001253
- Schedule an appointment.
Meet with your Student Financial Services Advisor. You can contact them at 559-453-2041 | email@example.com.
- Orientation interview with program director
- One current professional reference form
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Letter of explanation if GPA is below 2.75
- Writing sample indicating graduate-level proficiency
Cost & Financial Aid
The below listed prices reflect the current and upcoming Fall and Spring semesters and do not include any financial aid. Paying for college can be an overwhelming step in education your journey. We can help you find all the opportunities to reduce your out of pocket costs.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition per Unit Amount 700 Level $705 Teacher Education $705 MBA $757* MSN and LEAD $720 KIN $570 Other Costs Amount Student services fee (per semester) $60 * Field Placement Fee (charged for both the international and regional trip semesters) $1,500
Tuition per Unit Amount 700 Level $690 Teacher Education $690 MBA $757* MSN and LEAD $710 KIN $560
* Fall 2020 & later cohorts
Other Costs Amount Student services fee (per semester) $60 * Field Placement Fee (charged for both the international and regional trip semesters) $1,500
* This is an estimate. Costs subject to change. Cost of attendance figures are used for budgeting purposes only and represent an estimate of projected tuition and fees for the coming academic year. Actual tuition rates are approved by the Board of Trustees and may vary.
Types of aid
Financial aid can refer to scholarships, grants and loans, which are available to you from the government, the university or outside sources. Aid types vary depending on the type of student you are.
This certificate prepares both church leaders and lay people to be effective peacemakers and conflict managers in the church.
Career Development Happens Here
The staff in our Career Development and Experiential Learning Center are here to help you prepare to enter the working world. Whether your a freshman or an FPU alum, there are a number of resources and trainings offered to help you find the internship and job you’re looking for.
- Resume writing classes
- Career assessments, exploration & planning
- Job search and networking opportunities
- and much more