Workplace Conflict Management and Peacemaking (LEAD)
School of Humanities, Religion and Social Sciences
Explore Workplace Conflict Management and Peacemaking (LEAD)
This program draws on the resources of both the peacemaking and conflict studies and leadership studies graduate programs to help you understand the nature of organizations and the dynamics of conflict in order to develop skills in constructive conflict management. Only students in the LEAD program are eligible for this certificate.
- Faculty with years of experience in facilitating organizational conflict resolution
- Ability to add on a specialized certificate to a LEAD graduate degree.
This program draws on the resources of both the peacemaking and conflict studies and leadership studies graduate programs to help people understand the nature of organizations and the dynamics of conflict in order to develop skills in constructive conflict management. Only students in the LEAD program are eligible for this certificate.
Required Courses (16-17 Units)
Peacemaking and Conflict Studies Courses
*May be waived if student has experience in mediation.
- PACS 708 - Conflict Analysis Credits 3
- PACS 710 - Introduction to Alternative Dispute Resolution Credits 1
- PACS 756 - Introductory Practicum in Mediation Credits 1 *
Leadership Studies Courses
- LEAD 707 - Organizational Behavior for Leaders Credits 3
- LEAD 721 - Conflict, Collaboration and Negotiation Credits 3
- LEAD 722 - Leadership and Followership Development Credits 3
Select one of the following:
- LEAD 762 - Leadership Strategy, Innovation and Creativity Credits 3
- PACS 758 - Advanced Mediation Credits 3
With an FPU Education
The decision to embark on graduate studies is a big one. Our 40+ graduate programs will equip you to succeed in your career and in your life. You’ll become part of a small community of learners, thrive in a flexible learning environment and be challenged by a rigorous curriculum. Learn how much further you can go at FPU!
First Steps to Admission
- Apply online
- Submit 2-3 reference forms (Varies based on program of interest)
These can be filled out by academic or professional acquaintances familiar with your ability to complete graduate-level work. Print the reference form.
- Include statement of intent.
You can also provide an addendum explaining your interest in the program, any long-term goals and your experience in the field.
- Request official transcripts.
Transcripts must be from accredited institutions to verify your bachelor’s degree. Send transcripts electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail sealed transcripts to the Registrar’s Office at 1717 S. Chestnut Ave. Fresno, CA 93702.
- Complete program requirements.
These requirements are specific to your program of choice. You will be contacted for an interview and additional requirements if applicable.
- Apply for financial aid.
You can apply for FAFSA. Use FPU school code: 001253
- Schedule an appointment.
Meet with your Student Financial Services Advisor. You can contact them at 559-453-2041 | email@example.com.
State authorization is a federal requirement in the HigherEducation Act that requires institutions to be authorized in the state in which online programs are offered. Fresno Pacific University works regularly with individual state authorization agencies to meet each state's requirements. Currently, Fresno Pacific University has received authorization to offer online degree programs in all but six states: Georgia, Michigan, New York, New Mexico, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.
For the latest updates on the status of FPU's authorization in your state, contact your FPU Admissions representative.
Cost & Financial Aid
The below listed prices reflect the current and upcoming Fall and Spring semesters and do not include any financial aid. Paying for college can be an overwhelming step in education your journey. We can help you find all the opportunities to reduce your out of pocket costs.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition per Unit Amount 700 Level $705 Teacher Education $705 MBA $757* MSN and LEAD $720 KIN $570 Other Costs Amount Student services fee (per semester) $60 * Field Placement Fee (charged for both the international and regional trip semesters) $1,500
Tuition per Unit Amount 700 Level $690 Teacher Education $690 MBA $757* MSN and LEAD $710 KIN $560
* Fall 2020 & later cohorts
Other Costs Amount Student services fee (per semester) $60 * Field Placement Fee (charged for both the international and regional trip semesters) $1,500
* This is an estimate. Costs subject to change. Cost of attendance figures are used for budgeting purposes only and represent an estimate of projected tuition and fees for the coming academic year. Actual tuition rates are approved by the Board of Trustees and may vary.
Types of aid
Financial aid can refer to scholarships, grants and loans, which are available to you from the government, the university or outside sources. Aid types vary depending on the type of student you are.
Courses for this program expand skills in peacemaking and leadership, making the certificate useful in any workplace. Skills in these areas could prove to be valuable in job placement and career advancement, especially into leadership positions.
Career Development Happens Here
The staff in our Career Development and Experiential Learning Center are here to help you prepare to enter the working world. Whether your a freshman or an FPU alum, there are a number of resources and trainings offered to help you find the internship and job you’re looking for.
- Resume writing classes
- Career assessments, exploration & planning
- Job search and networking opportunities
- and much more