Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Study Tour
May 13 - May 30, 2014
Spend two and a half weeks in Israel and Palestine . . .
- Experiencing the wide variety of people from around the world
- Living in the Old City Jerusalem near the Wailing Wall and Dome of the Rock
- Staying overnight with Christian and Muslim families
- Visiting Yad Vashem (Holocaust Museum) and a Palestinian Refugee Camp
- Talking to Israeli and Palestinian politicians in the Knesset and Palestinian Legislative Council, and attending a briefing by U.S. officials in the U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv
- Touring an Israeli settlement and Palestinian neighborhoods
- Visiting an Orthodox synagogue, Church of the Holy Sepulchre (where Jesus was crucified and buried), and a mosque
- Climbing (or taking the tram to) Masada and floating in the Dead Sea
- Earning 1-4 units (1-3 graduate units)
$3300 ($700 scholarship for the first 7 FPU traditional undergraduate students/$500 for the first 3 FPU graduate students who submit $200 non-refundable deposit)
- Round trip airfare
- Breakfasts and dinners
- All lodging
- All in-country transportation to briefings
- All entrance fees
- Half-price of travel to Masada, Dead Sea, Sea of Galilee (optional trips)
Credit and courses:
1 – 4 units of credit including all GE Focus Series requirements and 3 units major credit in history, political science and social science secondary teaching, or 1 - 3 graduate units in peacemaking and conflict studies.
- ICS 300: Short Term Study Abroad – Israel-Palestine (1 unit)
- PS 486: Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Tour (3 units)
- PACS 788: Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (1-3 units)
Complete the online application. This program is open to traditional undergraduate, graduate and degree completion students, alumni, faculty and staff.
For more information, contact:
- Bret Kincaid at 559-453-2067 or bret,firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Ken Martens Friesen at 559-453-7126 or email@example.com, or
- Arnie Prieb in the International Programs and Services Office at 559-453-2128 or firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Larry Dunn at 559-453-3424 or email@example.com.