- Office: NFC 213
- DNP, California State University, Northern California Consortium Doctorate of Nursing Practice, Fresno/San Jose, California
- MSN, Primary Care Nurse Practitioner with Distinction, California State University, Fresno, Fresno, California
- BSN, Excelsior College, Albany, New York
- ADN, Merced College, Merced, California
- BS, Excelsior College, Albany, NY
I love Fresno Pacific University! I teach at FPU because I want to help nursing students realize their dream of becoming a nurse practitioner, and FPU provides a great MSN/FNP program to do that for central valley students. I like the blended format that allows students to work as a nurse while they earning that degree. Teaching nursing best practices and how to care for our central valley patients is my passion, and FPU has a mission that includes Christ in that education.
My nursing experience spans over twenty-five years. It includes leadership, management, acute care nursing, and nurse practitioner practice in the primary care of family practice and internal medicine patients that are underserved. I have been the director for the MSN/FNP program at Fresno Pacific University since 2017, and have been faculty for MSN and BSN courses since 2016. I am dedicated to delivering compassionate care to my patients, and helping my patients and students reach their potential. My passion is finding ways to improve education and provide learning opportunities that will contribute to the students' improved practice and confidence in the NP role. My research is in FNP clinical education best practices and the implementation of a new clinical residency model with Fresno Pacific University in collaboration with Madera Community Hospital.
Publications & Presentations
- Hood, L. & Paolinelli, K. (2019). Family Nurse Practitioner Partnered Residency Education Program: A New Approach for Pregraduate Clinical Education. Podium presentation invitation at California Association of Nurse Practitioners 42nd Annual Education Conference.
- Hood, L., Miller, S. & Paolinelli, K. (2019). Evaluation of a nurse practitioner pregraduate clinical residency model. JNP 15(1), pp. e1-e8.
- Hood, Lisa Wilson. "Nurse Practitioner Clinical Education: Evaluation of a Clinical Residency Model" (2018). Doctoral Projects. 79.
- Hood, L. (2018). Nurse Practitioner Clinical Education: Evaluation of a Clinical Residency Model. Podium Presentation by invitation at the 32nd Annual Nursing Research Conference in Fresno, CA.
- Hood, L. (2018). Nurse Practitioner Clinical Education: Evaluation of a Clinical Residency Model. Oral Defense Podium Presentation for DNP degree at California State University, Fresno.
- Hood, Lisa Wilson. "Nurse Practitioner Clinical Education: Evaluation of a Clinical Residency Model" (2018).