- Office: Main
- Ph.D. in Sociology, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- Master of Arts in Sociology with a minor in Anthropology, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- Master of Arts in Biblical Studies, Central American Theological Seminary, Guatemala City
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociocultural Studies, Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, Minor in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Bethel College, St. Paul, MN
Publications & Presentations
- Understanding Faith-Based Colleges and Universities’ Response to the Rescinding of DACA. Pacific Sociological Association, March 2018.
- McGill, J., Huang, L., Davis, E., Humphrey, D., Pak, J., Thacker, A., and J. Tom (2018). “Addressing the Neglect of Students of Color: The Strategy of Life Coaching.” Journal of Christianity and Sociology 8(1).
- Huang, Lindsey A. and Gabe Ignatow. (2017). “The Prosperity Gospel and Individualistic Economic and Social Attitudes in Guatemala.” Interdisciplinary Journal for Research on Religion 13(10).
- Institutional Blindness: Rectifying the Invisibility of Racial and Ethnic Minority Students. Christian Sociological Association Annual Conference, June 2017.
- First Generation College Students. Lilly Community Scholarship Grant Recipient Team. Indiana Wesleyan University, Merrillville Campus, July 2016.
- Gender Equality among Pentecostals in Guatemala: A Promising Future? Society for the Scientific Study of Religion Annual Conference, November 2015.
- Johnson, Lindsey A. (2014). "Can Short-Term Mission Trips Reduce Prejudice?" Journal for the Sociological Integration of Religion and Society 4(1).
- Ignatow, Gabriel, Johnson, Lindsey, Madanipour, Ali. (2014). "Global System Theory and 'Market-friendly' Religion". Globalization, 1-15.
- Ignatow, Gabriel, and Lindsey Johnson. (2014). '"Market Religions' and Postmodern Globalization Theory." In Samir Dasgupta and Peter Kivisto (Eds.) Sociology of Postmodernism. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage.
- Prosperity· Belief and Liberal Individualism: A Study of Economic and Social Attitudes in Guatemala. Society for the Scientific Study of Religion Annual Conference, Indianapolis, November 2014.
- Socioeconomic Status and Prosperity Belief in Guatemala. American Sociological Association Annual Conference, San Francisco, August 2014.