- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 559-302-4199
- Office: Visalia Center, Room 116
- M.A., Special Education, Utah State University
- B.S., Psychology and Special Education, Utah State University
I was led to FPU through my faith and significant life circumstances. I teach at FPU because I believe students with disabilities are entitled to the best teachers around. Here at FPU I am able to openly share my faith while I cultivate teachers who will in turn better the lives of students with disabilities. I have a passion for education and am thankful that I can serve here at FPU.
When I am not teaching or advising students, I like to be outdoors. I regularly walk, street bike and mountain bike, ski and hike. I believe in keeping physically fit because I know it makes for a longer life plus it is fun at the same time.
I have a keen interest in creating something out of nothing, particularly natural elements. Wire wrapped pieces are my specialty and I enjoy making a variety of jewelry I call “Shaver Rocks.” When you see me wearing a necklace, I probably made it.
My husband and I have four children. We all work in the field education: a reading teacher, two special education teachers and a school psychologist/counselor. Our children have learned the value of education and hard work and we are truly blessed.
Publications & Presentations
- "Coordinated School Bringing Stakeholder, Community and Policy Together," CSBA School Wellness Conference
- Tulare County Office of Education:
- "Adapting Instruction for Preschool Teachers"
- "Best Practices for Severely Handicapped Students"
- "Discrete Trial Teaching"
- "Instructional Strategies for Special Needs Students"
- "Meeting the Needs of Preschoolers with Disabilities in Inclusive Clasrooms"
- "Picture Communication Systems"
- "Shoe Box Tasks- Developing Materials for Special Needs Students"
- "Structured Teaching- TEACCH"
- "Teacher Assistance Teams"
- "Understanding Poverty"
- "Why Communicate Visually?"