- Office: McDonald Hall, Room 223
- Ph.D., Performance Studies/Speech Communication, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois
- M.A., Theater, Bowling Green State University
- M.A., Applied Theater, City University of New York
- B.A., Fresno Pacific University
I am drawn to theater as a craft and an area of study because it offers a way of exploring and integrating all facets of life and human experience. It is interdisciplinary and multimedia, engaging such diverse areas and practices as history, literature, psychology, communication, music, art and dance. At its very best, a performance event is creative and communal, incarnational and prophetic; it shows us what we are and what we can be.
Publications & Presentations
- “All’s Well That Ends Well: Scenes and Commentary.” Co-presenter with Eleanor Nickel. The Bard Inside: Shakespeare Library Series, Woodward Shakespeare Festival. Sunnyside Public Library, Fresno, CA. February 25, 2014.
- “Body of Faith: Variations on a Theme.” Paper presentation. National Communication Association Convention. Seattle, WA, 2000. “Hildegard of Bingen.” Presentation. Christianity and the Arts Conference. Schloss Mittersill, Austria, 2000.
- “Hildegard of Bingen.” Presentation. Christianity and the Arts Conference. Schloss Mittersill, Austria, 2000.
- Parable, a Reflection on Waiting and Story. Ensemble performance script based on biblical parables. Performed at Fresno Pacific University and Azusa Pacific University, Christians in Theater Arts conference, 2008. Unpublished.
- Geertruydt. Solo performance on the life of Geertruydt Simons, wife of Menno Simons. 2010. Performed in Fresno, CA; Hillsboro, KS; Winnipeg, MB.
- Reimer, Julia. “Imagining Geertruydt, Finding Self.” California Mennonite Historical Society Bulletin. Issue 53 (Fall 2010). 7-9.
- Reimer, Julia. “No Man is an Island, Nor No Woman Neither.” Pacific Journal. Vol. 4 (2009). 41-44.
- “Theater, Theology, and the Arts: Setting the Stage for Theater that Matters.” Presentation. Council for Senior Professionals, Fresno Pacific University, October 16, 2007; Faculty Seminar, Fresno Pacific University, October 25, 2007.
- The YES! Project—Youth Engage Shakespeare, Program Director and Lead Facilitator. Summer Theater Camp. Partnership between Woodward Shakespeare Festival and Fresno Pacific University. Fresno. Summer 2013 - present.
- Applied Theater Workshop: The WHY Factor, Co-Facilitator. York College. Queens, New York City. 2013.