- Ed.D., University of the Pacific, Educational Administration and Leadership Dissertation "School counselors in action: Re.framing professional development to engage families"
- M.A., University of the Pacific, Educational Administration and Leadership
- B.S., Business Administration/Marketing, San Jose State University
Publications & Presentations
- Griffen, J.M. (2017) Families and counselors taking action to transform culture: An action inquiry case study of an urban high school. Education and Urban Society. Online, 1-25
- Griffen, J.M. & Hallett, R.E. (2017). Reframing professional development: An action- inquiry case study of a collaborative school counselor network. Journal of Professional Capital & Community. 2(3), 146-168.
- Hallett, R.E., & Griffen, J.M. (2015). Empowering parents in the college process: An action
- inquiry case study. Journal of Education for Students Placed at Risk, 20(1), 101-119.
- Tevis, T.L., & Griffen, J.M. (2014). Absent voices: Intersectionality and first-generation college students with disabilities. Journal of Progressive Policy & Practice, 2(3), 239- 254.
- McNair, D.E. & Griffen, J.M. (forthcoming, 2018). Participatory leadership in higher education. In M.E. David & M.J. Amey (Eds.), The SAGE Encyclopedia of Higher Education.
- Griffen, J.M., & Tevis, T.L. (2017). Keys to the toolbox: College administrators and the academic success of students with physical disabilities a qualitative case-study. In E. Kim & K.C. Acquino (Eds.), Disability as diversity in higher education: Policies and practices to enhance student success. New York, NY: Routledge.