- Office: Seminary House, Room 209
- Ph.D., Jewish Studies, Bar Ilan University, Israel, 2007
- M.A., Ancient History of Syro-Palestine, Jerusalem University College, Israel, 2000
- B.A., Biblical Studies, Briercrest Bible College, Canada, 1990
I have lived in Europe, Asia and North America. I have been a tree-planter, a grain bin builder, a children's camp director, a pastor, a tour guide, an archaeologist and more; but what motivates me most is understanding the Bible better, especially when read in the original languages and in the light of other contemporaneous literature.
Publications & Presentations
- “Homework Activities for Bolstering Reading Comprehension” National Association of Professors of Hebrew at SBL’s Annual Meeting, virtual, Dec 2, 2020.
- “Teaching Hebrew Discourse Analysis: Pedagogical Considerations” at ETS’s Annual Meeting, virtual, Nov 16, 2020.
- Pedagogy webinar for biblical Hebrew faculty held virtually via Zoom, June 12, 2020.
- Review of John Kampen, Matthew within Sectarian Judaism, Mennonite Quarterly Review 94 (2020): 267–268.
- Pedagogy workshop for biblical Hebrew faculty at Fresno Pacific University, Fresno, California, June 3–6, 2019.
- War Scroll, pp. 531–535 in T&T Clark Encyclopedia of Second Temple Judaism, Vol. 1 eds. Daniel M. Gurtner and Loren T. Stuckenbruck (London: T&TClark, 2019).
- Milhamah (M), pp. 322–324 in T&T Clark Companion to the Dead Sea Scrolls, eds. George J. Brooke and Charlotte Hempel (London and New York: Bloomsbury, 2019).
- Living Biblical Hebrew: An Instructor’s Manual (co-authored with Scott McQuinn and Benjamin Kantor, Jerusalem: Biblical Language Center, 2019).
- Living Biblical Hebrew (co-authored with Randall Buth, Scott McQuinn and Benjamin Kantor, Jerusalem: Biblical Language Center, 2019).
- “Cognitive Linguistics, Stoneware, and How to Read κατά in John 2:6” with Randall Buth at SBL’s Annual Meeting in San Diego, California, Nov 23, 2019.
- Full List