- Ph.D., Marketing, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- M.S., Statistics, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- M.S., Industrial Administration, Carnegie-Melon University
As a Christian educator, I have the valuable opportunity to be a channel of blessings to students and colleagues. We equip students with knowledge on computer system design and development. Through the process, students get to grasp the principles of software specification, system design, and development. We are living in the end times before the return of the Lord when knowledge is greatly increased. There is huge amount of data in the society. Turning data to information, as well as understanding the relationships among entities, will be critical skills much in demand in our society. Therefore, in teaching students computer information system and software development, we are advancing the mission of the Lord, preparing students to face challenges in this information age.
My first encounter with the Gospel was in grade 5. I went to a Christian evening school to study English. I did not know Jesus at that time but had Christian classmates who cared for me. The Lord led me to a Christian high school. In year 2 of high school, I joined Christian fellowship on campus. I enjoyed the singing and warm smiles there. Christian colleges are places to share the fragrance of Christ, and I am glad I am a part of this effort.
Publications & Presentations
- Brenda Mak, Leigh Jin, "Privacy Concerns and Mobile App Store", International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, DOI: 10.1142/S021987702150019X, forthcoming.
- Brenda Mak, Robert Nickerson, Janet Sim, "Mobile Technology Dependence and Mobile Technostress", International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 1-17, July 6, 2018
- Brenda Mak, Paul Beckman, Nicole Bohn, "Perceived Values and Satisfaction of Mobile Phones for Users with Disabilities", International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, Vol. 13, No.2, April 2016, pp. 82-97
- Brenda Mak, Robert Nickerson, Janet Sim, "A Model of Attitude Toward Mobile Location Based Services", Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism, Volume 16, No. 4, Nov 2015, pp. 414-437.
- Brenda Mak, Paul Beckman, Nicole Bohn, "Mobile Phone Accessibility Values for Users with Disabilities", International Journal of Mobile Communications, Volume 11, No. 3, July 2013, pp. 245-261.
- Prakash K. Chathoth, Brenda Mak, Janet Sim, Vinnie Jauhari, Kamal Manaktola, "Assessing Dimensions of Organizational Trust Across Cultures: A Comparative Analysis of U.S. and Indian Full Service Hotel Firms ", International Journal of Hospitality Management, Volume 30, No. 2, June 2011 pp. 233-242.