Terry Brensinger, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Old Testament, Drew University, 1985
- M. Phil., Biblical Studies, Drew University, 1985
- M.A., Ancient Near Eastern Archaeology, Drew University, 1984
- M.Div., Asbury Theological Seminary, 1980
- B.A., History and Religion, Messiah College, 1977
I’ve been profoundly influenced over the years by wonderful teachers who love the Lord with both their hearts and their minds and who devote themselves to the ongoing work of the church. I teach at FPBS because I’d like now to follow the example of my mentors and help shape the next generation of pastors and Christian leaders.
Publications & Presentations
- “The Inspiration and Authority of Scripture.” Presented at the Theological Colloquium, Lancaster, PA (September, 2010).
- “The Israeli/Palestinian Conflict.” Presented in three parts at the Pequa Brethren in Christ Church, Lancaster, PA (November, 2010).
- “Inspiration: A Fresh Encounter with God’s Word.” Presented in conjunction with the Kairos School of Spiritual Formation at the Jesuit Center, Wernersville, PA (April, 2007; April, 2008; November, 2009; November, 2010).
- “Honesty, Holiness, Hope and (W)holeness.” Presented at the Canadian Conference Pastors’ Conference in Toronto, Canada (April, 2010).
- “From Desolation to Consolation: Lessons from Habakkuk.” Presented with Debra Brensinger at the Latin American Missionaries Retreat in Bogota, Colombia (March, 2010).
- “The Bible and the Modern State of Israel.” Presented at the Theological Colloquium, Grantham, PA (March, 2010).
- Miller, John. [Review of Proverbs. Believers’ Church Bible Commentary]. In Brethren in Christ History and Life, XXXll, 3 (December, 2009): 511-513.
- Selected articles in The New Interpreters Dictionary of the Bible. Nashville: Abingdon Press, 2006-2009.
- “Reading the Bible with New Eyes.” Presented in conjunction with the Next Step Program at the St. Francis Center, Bethlehem, PA (October, 2007).
- Media Review. [Review of Exploring Biblical Jordan]. In Brethren in Christ History and Life, XXVlll, 3 (December, 2005): 567-570.
- “Transformed into Christ’s Likeness.” Spiritual Life Emphasis Week at Alaska Bible College, Glenallen, AK (October, 2005).
- “The Church as an Imaginative Community.” Seek (Summer, 2005).
- “Lambs, Leopards and Little Children: Developing Young Leaders to Serve the Church.” Calling: A Journal for Leaders Who Nurture Vocation (Fall, 2004).
- Salter, Darius, [Review of Prophetic-Priestly Ministry]. In Brethren in Christ History and Life, XXVII, 1 (April 2004): 188-190.
- “Proclaiming Peace in a War-Torn World.” Gemeinhart Lectures at Kentucky Christian College, Grayson, KY (January, 2003).