- Post-graduate certificate, Family Nurse Practitioner, Duke University, 2018
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, California State University, Northern California Consortium Fresno/San Jose, 2014
- Master of Business Administration, University of Phoenix, 2003
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, California State University, Fresno, 2000
I teach Nursing at FPU because it allows me to give back to the profession that has given me so much. Nursing is a calling: encouraging and challenging those called, and building relationships in and out of the classroom are the best parts of my job. I love helping students visualize what they can become and then walking with them as they do it.
I was called to be a nurse more than 20 years ago. A proud Navy veteran, I spent 15 years working in military medicine. During my career, I have worked in acute care, ambulatory care, patient and staff education, population health, and leadership. I recently went back to school to complete my long-term goal of being a Family Nurse Practitioner and am now a proud Duke grad (go Blue Devils) where my specialty was Endocrinology. I joined FPU in 2014, because I wanted to give back to the profession of nursing and help my fellow nurses achieve their goals of advancing their knowledge, practice, and careers. I value character, hard work, transparency, and great communication in all areas of my work and personal life.
- Quality Improvement (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt)
- Population Health
- Diabetes Self-Management Education
- Gestational Diabetes
- Registered Nurse (CA 568136)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (NCBDE 21210404)
- Public Health Nurse (CA 545794)
- Member, American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE)