RN to BSN
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing prepares you to take your associate degree in nursing to the next level and become a leader in your profession. Courses are designed to broaden your academic foundation while focusing on clinical decision-making, critical thinking, holistic care and leadership instruction. You'll also learn about community and public health nursing as well as nursing research processes. Leadership instruction includes conflict management.
Read and download FPU's RN to BSN mission statement.
- Accredited by the CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education)
- Curriculum meets AACN (American Association of Critical-Care Nurses) standards
- Cohort groups meet face-to-face for class one night per week
- Cohort of 7-20 adults progress through the program together
- Experienced university faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- Students from a variety of life stages and cultural backgrounds
- Courses offered in a blended format
- 18 month program
Graduates from our BSN program are prepared for advanced nursing positions throughout the healthcare industry as well as for administrator positions in hospitals, clinics, doctors' offices and retirement centers. You will also be qualified to pursue graduate study in nursing.
- Completed application form and $40 fee (fee waived if you attend an information meeting)
- All application pieces, official transcripts, recommendation form and admissions essay
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- Minimum 60 transferable baccalaureate level units
- Active nursing license or proof of application for California registered nursing license
- Transcripts verifying completion of A.S. degree in nursing
- Four years post-secondary experience
- Co-requisite courses: statistics, writing and chemistry*
*These co-requisite courses are required for graduation, and it is strongly recommended that students complete these courses prior to beginning the cohort.
View a list of courses and descriptions.
New cohorts are formed each spring (February) and fall (August). Please check your center for class availability.
A background check and immunization verification is required before beginning your practicum.
How much does it cost?
Tuition is competitively priced and financial aid is available. View details on tuition and fees.
How do I apply?
The application process is straightforward. View details on how to apply.
For additional information or for program availability, contact the following Degree Completion Offices:
|Merced Center||North Fresno Center||Visalia Center||Bakersfield Center||Merced Center|
To view all of the majors offered in the degree completion program, please visit our degree completion program page.