Our certificate in Christian studies provides you with a comprehensive overview of theology and ministry. The courses required for this certificate are the same nine units of required courses for all of our Master of Arts degrees. After these requirements are fulfilled, you can choose a variety of courses in theology, history, ministry and mission to complete your certificate.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Theologically diverse student body
- MFT and ministry students integrated in foundational courses
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Diverse practicum opportunities
- Online courses available
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
This certificate gives graduates a deeper knowledge of the Scriptures and a greater understanding of theology improving your current ministry leadership skills.
Mark Baker, Ph.D.
Terry Brensinger, Ph.D.
Tim Geddert, Ph.D.
Lynn Jost, Ph.D.
Valerie Rempel, Ph.D.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Completion of FPBS application materials
Required Courses (30 Units)
|BIB 720||The Church and God's Mission in the World||3|
|BIB 725||Biblical Interpretation I *||3|
|THEO 730||Discipleship and Ethics *||3|
Select 21 units from the following
or MIN 750B
or MIN 750C
or MIN 750D
|Cross-Cultural Encounter: Los Angeles|
or Cross-Cultural Encounter: Fresno
or Cross-Cultural Encounter: International
or Cross-Cultural Encounter: San Francisco
or Intercultural mission course
|Theology or history courses||3-9|
|Ministry or mission courses||3-9|
|BIB 709||Bible Knowledge Requirement Seminar *||0|
* Must be taken as number of units listed here