Our certificate in evangelism and church planting equips you with the education and skills for kingdom entrepreneurship. Practical ministry training courses taught by current practitioners in the field to prepare you to lead or create ministries or churched in today's world. The combination of FPBS faculty and adjunct faculty who are current practitioners in their field of study give students the education and practicial skills needed to make a great impact on the world.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Theologically diverse student body
- MFT and ministry students integrated in foundational courses
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Diverse practicum opportunities
- Online courses available
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
This certificate will prepare you to begin your own ministry or church or to start new ministries for current churches and organizations. Our graduates are known for breathing new life into areas that desperately need to see God at work.
Brian Ross, D.Min.
Mark Baker, Ph.D.
Tim Geddert, Ph.D.
Lynn Jost, Ph.D.
Valerie Rempel, Ph.D.
Randy White, D.Min.
- Commitment to and desire for Christian ministry and service
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Online application and fee ($90)
- Personal profile questions
- Three letters of reference
- Writing sample
Required Courses (30 Units)
|BIB 720||The Church and God’s Mission in the World||3|
|BIB 725||Understanding, Interpreting and Teaching Scripture||2-3|
At least 2 units required
|MIN 704||Discerning Vocation and Calling||1|
|MIN 714||Spirit, Character, and Transformation||2-3|
At least 2 units required
|MIN 720||Personal Evangelism||1|
|MIN 724||Church Planting||2|
|MIN 726||Kingdom Entrepreneurship||3|
|MIN 752||Into the Neighborhood||3|
|MIN 754||Engaging the City||3|
|MIN 793A||The Practice of Ministry I||1.5|
|MIN 793B||The Practice of Ministry II||1.5|
|BIB 709||Bible Knowledge Requirement Seminar||0|
Choose two of the following
or MIN 750C
or MIN 750D
|Cross-Cultural Encounter: Los Angeles|
or Exegeting and Serving Your Neighborhood
or Cross-Cultural Encounter: International
or Cross-Cultural Encounter: San Francisco
Select 4 units from the following courses
|BIB 754||Biblical Theology of Mission and Evangelism||3|
|MIN 734||Christian Community Development||3|
|MIN 728||Culture and Community Engagement||3|
|THEO 730||Discipleship and Ethics||2-3|
Additional supervised ministry experience