Our certificate in evangelism and church planting equips you with the education and skills for kingdom entrepreneurship. Practical ministry training courses taught by current practitioners in the field to prepare you to lead or create ministries or churched in today's world. The combination of FPBS faculty and adjunct faculty who are current practitioners in their field of study give students the education and practicial skills needed to make a great impact on the world.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Theologically diverse student body
- MFT and ministry students integrated in foundational courses
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Diverse practicum opportunities
- Online courses available
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
This certificate will prepare you to begin your own ministry or church or to start new ministries for current churches and organizations. Our graduates are known for breathing new life into areas that desperately need to see God at work.
Mark Baker, Ph.D.
Terry Brensinger, Ph.D.
Tim Geddert, Ph.D.
Lynn Jost, Ph.D.
Valerie Rempel, Ph.D.
Randy White, D.Min.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Completion of FPBS application materials
Required Courses (30 Units)
|BIB-720||The Church and God's Mission in the World||3|
|BIB-725||Biblical Interpretation I||2|
|MIN-750||A, B, C or D Cross Cultural Encounter||3|
|MIN-752||Urban Ministry: Into the Neighborhood||3|
|MIN-754||Urban Ministry: Engaging the City||3|
|MIN-793A||Supervised Ministry Experience I||1.5|
|MIN-793B||Supervised Ministry Experience II||1.5|
Bible knowledge requirement
Select 4 units from the following courses:
|BIB-754||Biblical Theology of Mission and Evangelism||3|
|MIN-734||Christian Community Development||3|
|MIN-728||Anthropology for Christian Witness||3|
|THEO-730||Discipleship and Ethics||3|
Additional supervised ministry experience