The Master of Arts in New Testament provides you with specialized education in New Testament literature and theology. The program focuses on the disciplines and resources of biblical interpretation allowing graduates to continue education on their own after program completion.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Theologically diverse student body
- MFT and ministry students integrated in foundational courses
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Diverse practicum opportunities
- Online courses available
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Graduating with a Master of Arts in New Testament from Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary will prepare you for a future of teaching and writing in your area of expertise. Graduates teach at the collegiate level or in the church. The MANT prepares you for a Ph.D. or other doctoral studies in a related field.
Tim Geddert, Ph.D.
Mark Baker, Ph.D.
Valerie Rempel, Ph.D.
Brian Ross, D.Min.
Lynn Jost, Ph.D.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Completion of FPBS application materials
Required Courses (60 Units)
|BIB 709||Bible Knowledge Requirement Seminar||0|
|BIB 710||Elementary Greek I||3|
|BIB 711||Elementary Greek II||3|
|BIB 720||The Church and God's Mission in the World *||3|
|BIB 725||Understanding, Interpreting, and Teaching Scripture||3|
|BIB 750||Old Testament Theology **||3|
|MIN 704||Discerning Vocation and Calling *||1|
|Cross-Cultural Encounter: Los Angeles|
or Cross-Cultural Encounter: San Francisco
|THEO 712||Story of the Church & Its Theology||3|
Expanding the Base
|BIB 712||Intermediate Greek Exegesis||3|
|BIB 713||Advanced Greek Exegesis||3|
|BIB 726||Advanced Biblical Interpretation||2|
|BIB 752||New Testament Theology **||3|
|BIB 758||New Testament Backgrounds||3|
|MIN 760||Practicum Assessment and Discernment||0|
or HIST 718
|The Evangelical Anabaptist Story|
or Evangelical Anabaptist Confessions of Faith
or North American Religious History
|THEO 730||Discipleship and Ethics *||3|
Practicing the Theory
Select three units of the following
|COUN 724||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|MIN 732||Church Educational Ministries||3|
|MIN 740||Preaching I||3|
|MIN 742||Preaching for Contemporary Listeners||3|
|MIN 793B and|
|The Practice of Ministry II * and|
The Practice of Ministry I *
or MIN 799
|Senior Seminar *|
or Thesis *
or Thesis *
|MIN 770||Ministry Discernment *||0|
|New Testament courses||6|
* Course must be taken at FPU Biblical Seminary.
** At least one biblical theology course must be taken at FPU Biblical Seminary.