The Master of Arts in Theology provides you with specialized education of biblical and systematic theology and history of Christianity. The program focuses on the disciplines and resources of biblical interpretation allowing graduates to continue education on their own well after program completion.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Theologically diverse student body
- MFT and ministry students integrated in foundational courses
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Diverse practicum opportunities
- Online courses available
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Graduating with a Master of Arts in Theology from Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary will prepare you for a future of teaching and writing in your area of expertise. Graduates of this degree have the option of becoming a teaching pastor or using it as a gateway to achieving their Ph.D. in order to teach at the collegiate level.
Mark Baker, Ph.D.
Valerie Rempel, Ph.D.
Tim Geddert, Ph.D.
Brian Ross, D.Min.
Lynn Jost, Ph.D.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Online application and fee ($90)
- Personal profile questions
- Three letters of reference
- Writing sample
Required Courses (60 Units)
|BIB 709||Bible Knowledge Requirement Seminar||0|
|BIB 720||The Church and God’s Mission in the World *||3|
|BIB 725||Understanding, Interpreting and Teaching Scripture ***||2 - 3|
|BIB 750||Old Testament Theology **||3|
|HIST 712||History of Christianity||3|
|MIN 704||Discerning Vocation and Calling *||1|
|MIN 750D||Cross-Cultural Encounter: San Francisco||1.5|
|THEO 712||The Story of the Church and Its Theology ***||2 - 3|
Expanding the Base
|BIB 726||Advanced Biblical Interpretation||2|
|BIB 752||New Testament Theology **||3|
|MIN 760||Practicum Assessment and Discernment||0|
|The Evangelical Anabaptist Story|
or Evangelical Anabaptist Confessions of Faith
or North American Religious History
|THEO 730||Discipleship and Ethics ***||2 - 3 *|
|THEO 734||Contemporary Theology ***||2 - 3|
Practicing the Theory (3 Units)
|Interpersonal Communication ***|
or Effective Contemporary Public Communication
|2 - 3|
or MIN 742
or MIN 793A and
|Church Educational Ministries|
or Preaching I
or Preaching for Contemporary Listeners
or The Practice of Ministry I * and
The Practice of Ministry II *
|Senior Seminar - Theology *|
|MIN 770TH||Ministry Discernment - Theology||0|
|Theology or History courses||9|
*Must be FPU Biblical Seminary course.
**At least one biblical theology course must be an FPU Biblical Seminary course.
***Must be taken as a 3 unit course