Focus on analyzing, designing, and developing information technology to help find business solutions with this Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems. You will develop a background in computer hardware and software, including an emphasis on data communication, systems software, and databases. You will also develop the ability to apply an ethical perspective and emphasize security in your designs. Once you have developed this background, your program will culminate in a long-term, hands-on project experience, spanning from proposal to implementation.
- A challenging and supportive academic environment
- Cohort groups meet face-to-face one night a week
- Cohorts of 12-20 adults progress through the program together
- Experienced university faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- Students come from a variety of workplaces and cultural backgrounds
Technology is one of the fast growing job sectors, and demand for technologists in the Central Valley is projected to grow as much as 40 percent, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. With a degree in computer information systems, you’ll be prepared for a variety of careers within information technology. Careers include computer system analysts, computer and information system managers, web developers and database administrators.
Simon Sultana, Ph.D.
- 60 transferable baccalaureate-level units
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- Two years post-secondary experience
- Application form
- $40 fee (fee is waived for those attending an information meeting)
- Official high school transcripts, GED or AA/AS degree
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
Computer Science (AS-T) to Computer Information Systems, B.S.
BS courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BS major has no lower-division major or co-requisite courses that could be fulfilled by the ADT.
- This program is offered as evening accelerated
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.
General Education Prerequisites
For more information on General Education requirements, please see: General Education: Degree Completion Students
|BIB 314||Jesus and the Christian Community||3|
|BIB 453||Biblical Perspectives for Technology Services||3|
|CIS 302||Discrete Structures||3|
|CIS 312||Introduction to Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS 320||Computer Programming for Information Systems||3|
|CIS 330||Operating Systems||3|
|CIS 340||Data Communications and Networks||3|
|CIS 352||Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|CIS 380||Database Management Systems||3|
|CIS 390||Ethics in Computing||2|
|CIS 392||Computer Information Systems Project Proposal||1|
|CIS 440||Systems and Network Security||2|
|CIS 457||Information Systems Project Management||3|
|CIS 480||Application Development With Database||3|
|CIS 490||Computer Information Systems Project||1|