You'll gain both knowledge and practical skills with our Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. You'll examine people from a scientific, religious, philosophical, physiological and socio-cultural perspective. You'll gain a hands-on approach to learning, providing you with a unique experience. Learn from faculty with a range of clinical training and perspectives as you study human behavior and mental processes in a theoretical and applied manner. You'll be prepared to take your studies beyond the classroom with research projects and experiences observing and working in the field of psychology.
- A challenging and supportive academic environment
- Cohort of 7-20 adults progress through the program together
- Cohort groups meet face-to-face for class one night per week
- Experienced university faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- Innovative course material with practical application for the workplace
- Students come from a variety of life stages and cultural backgrounds
- Internship, research and career development opportunities
Our graduates are prepared for a range of new employment options and promotions. Through applied practicum, you'll intern in the field of your choice, gaining relevant work experience. You'll be prepared to pursue careers in academia, clinical psychology, marriage and family therapy and industrial psychology. You'll also be prepared to provide context for careers in law enforcement, education, human resources, consultation, business, public relations and more.
James Van Slyke, Ph.D.
- 60 transferable baccalaureate-level units
- University GPA requirement of 2.4
- 2 years post-secondary experience
- Application form: fpu.edu/applydc
- $40 fee (fee is waived for those attending an information meeting)
- Official high school transcripts, GED or AA/AS degree
- Official college transcripts
- Program application packet
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- General Psychology
- Introduction to Statistics
- Research Methods