This credential is designed for those interested in teaching a specific subject in which they have experience, education and the appropriate license, if needed. The program provides the theory needed for teaching and learning while incorporating a variety of effective teaching strategies and behaviors.
This credential prepares candidates to teach the designated specific subject in grades 12 and below and in classes organized primarily for adults.
Vicki Pontius, Ed.D.
- High school diploma, GED, or official college transcripts: send official transcripts to the directly to program director.
- Five years work or education experience in career technical area (with recency requirement)
- Fulfill U.S. Constitution course requirement (Special Subjects Credential)
- For Supervision and Coordination Credential, hold Clear C.T.E Credential
- Orientation Interview with Program Director
- DSE Program Application and fee
- Fingerprint clearance through Department of Justice
- CTC Application Form 41-4
- Appropriate license or recommendation from appropriate agency
Required Courses (9 Units)
|DSE 400||Early Orientation for Designated Subject Teachers||2|
|DSE 405||Educational Technology||1|
|DSE 410||Foundations of Career Technical Education||1|
|DSE 415||Curriculum Development||3|
|DSE 420||Special Needs||2|