With this preliminary administrative services credential, the focus is on the needs of the school-site administrator, emphasizing the establishment of a close relationship with teachers, school districts and the community. You will gain hands-on experience with supervised fieldwork. To enter the administrative services internship program, you must register for a 1-unit course each semester ontop of the Administrative Services Preliminary Credential course-load.
- Experienced and supportive university faculty
- Exposure to relevant, on-site challenges facing current administrators
- Our grads are sought by top districts
- Up to 6 units of credit may be transferred into program with approval
- Series of five courses and five correlating, supervised fieldwork experiences
This credential is designed specifically for educators entering into school administration. It meets all requirements for an entry-level administrative position in grades K-12 in the state of California.
Douglas S. Bartsch
John Mendiburu, Ed.D.
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview with program director
- One current professional reference form
- Statement of intent
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Approved basic credential
- Official Verification of meeting the CBEST requirement
- Verification of current negative TB test (within 12 months)
- Request letter from LOA
- Verification of teaching experience
- Verification of employment as administrator
Required Courses (24 Units)
Meets necessary California requirements for an entry-level administrative position in grades K-12.
|ADM 740||Building Shared Vision and Leadership Capacity||2|
|ADM 740A||Fieldwork: Building Shared Vision and Leadership Capacity||1|
|ADM 741||Developing Student Learning in a Standards-Based System||4|
|ADM 741A||Fieldwork: Developing Student Learning in a Standards-Based System||2|
|ADM 742||Organizational Management in Support of Student Learning||4|
|ADM 742A||Fieldwork: Organizational Management in Support of Student Learning||2|
|ADM 743||Meeting Diverse Needs of Family and Community||2|
|ADM 743A||Fieldwork: Meeting Diverse Needs of Family and Community||1|
|ADM 744||Connecting the Broader Influences on Schools||4|
|ADM 744A||Fieldwork: Connecting the Broader Influences on Schools||2|