With this career technical education credential, you’ll learn a variety of effective teaching strategies and behaviors to apply to your classroom. This credential is grounded in rationale based on sound theory of adult teaching and learning.
Coursework is sequenced to reflect the principles of teacher development and form a cohesive set of learning experiences to prepare the CTE teacher in appropriate practices relating to the languages, skills and abilities of all students. The program includes processes for comprehensive assessment of CTE teacher candidate competencies.
The preliminary designated subjects CTE teaching credential authorizes you to teach in the subject or subjects named on the credential in grades 12 and below and in classes organized primarily for adults in career technical, trade or vocational programs.
The clear designated subjects CTE teaching credential authorizes you to teach in the subject or subjects named on the credential in grades 12 and below and in classes organized primarily for adults including services to English learners in Specially Designated Academic Instruction Delivered in English (SDAIE) in career technical, trade or vocational programs.
Vicki Pontius, Ed.D.
- High school diploma, GED, or official college transcripts: send official transcripts to the directly to program director.
- At least three years work experience in career technical area you wish to teach (one year recency requirement)
- Fulfill U.S. Constitution course requirement (Special Subjects Credential)
- For Supervision and Coordination Credential, hold Clear C.T.E Credential
- Orientation Interview with Program Director
- DSE Program Application and fee
- Fingerprint clearance through Department of Justice
- CTC Application Form 41-4