Church leaders are often asked to aid in conflict management and resolution. With this certificate you’ll gain both a deeper understanding of peace and practice in implementing conflict resolution strategies. The specific dynamics of church conflict are covered through explorations of peacemaking ethics, conflict analysis, group dynamics and interpersonal communication, as well as church conflict management.
- Hands-on experience in mediation and facilitation
- Cooperative learning with the Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary
- Faculty who specialize in church conflict resolution
This certificate prepares both church leaders and lay people to be effective peacemakers and conflict managers in the church.
Peter Smith, Ph.D.
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview with program director
- Three references
- Statement of intent
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Letter of explanation if GPA is below 2.75
- Writing sample indicating graduate-level proficiency
Required Courses (15 Units)
|PACS 700||Basic Institute in Conflict Management And Mediation||3|
|PACS 702||Theological Ethics of Conflict and Peacemaking||3|
|PACS 708||Conflict Analysis||3|
|PACS 752||Church Conflict Management and Leadership||3|
|PACS 756||Introductory Practicum in Mediation||1|
Select one of the following
|PACS 716||Group Dynamics and Processes||3|
|PACS 751||Conflict and Peacemaking Across Cultures||3|
|PACS 758||Advanced Mediation||3|
Other approved elective