Ignite and sustain your excitement about mathematics and learning with FPU’s master of arts in education with an emphasis in mathematics education. This program, designed for single subject teachers, provides a deeper understanding of the key mathematical concepts encountered at the secondary level, and how to teach these concepts effectively. The program emphasizes a deep and broad understanding of math taught at the high school level.
- Small class size
- Allows graduates to teach at the community college level
- Special program designed for single subject teachers
- Cohort program starting in January 2021 with special scholarship opportunities available to those who qualify under the K-16 Education Collaborative at Central, Clovis, Fresno and Sanger Unified School Districts.
Successful graduates of this program have become district math coordinators or math instructors at the community college level.
Christopher Brownell, Ph.D.
Manjula Peter Joseph, Ph.D.
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview with program director
- Statement of intent
- One current professional reference form
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Letter of explanation if your GPA is under 3.0
The program is currently under revision. For update information, please contact the program director, Chris Brownell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Courses (30 Units)
Master of Arts Core
|MTHE 7XX||Trends in Math Education||3|
|MTHE 770||Teaching Mathematics for Social Justice||3|
|MSER 7XX||Research Based Curricular - Analysis and Presentation||3|
Secondary School Option
|MTHE 761||Advanced Geometry||3|
|MTHE 762||Advanced Algebra||3|
|MTHE 763||Probability and Statistics||3|
|MTHE 768||Calculus in the Classroom||3|
|MTHE 769||Mathematical Modeling in School||3|
|MTHE 771||Role of Change in Perspective in Mathematics||3|
|MTHE 7XX||Data Science||3|
State authorization is a federal requirement in the HigherEducation Act that requires institutions to be authorized in the state in which online programs are offered. Fresno Pacific University works regularly with individual state authorization agencies to meet each state's requirements. Currently, Fresno Pacific University has received authorization to offer online degree programs in all but six states: Georgia, Michigan, New York, New Mexico, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.
For the latest updates on the status of FPU's authorization in your state, contact your FPU Admissions representative.