Spend 11 days in New Zealand and Australia, the countries that everyone wants to see! You'll experience some beautiful landscape, amazing cities and learn about the history and culture of a world region that is very unique!
During your time in the region you will:
- Visit a Maori Cultural Center and learn about indigenous New Zealanders
- Visit a geothermal area providing carbon-free energy to New Zealand
- Take a tour of Auckland, New Zealand’s capital
- Take a harbor cruise in Sydney, one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- Visit some of the important historic and cultural places in Australia
- Take a tour of the iconic Sydney Opera House, one of the world’s most famous buildings
- Visit Taronga Zoo to get a close-up look at animals unique to Australia
- Have time on your own to explore parts of Sydney
- Visit the at-risk Great Barrier Reef and snorkel with a marine specialist
- Visit a rain forest and Tjapukai Aboriginal Park to learn about traditional Aboriginal culture and customs
- And much more!
You can get 1 – 4 units of GE Focus Series and/or major/minor units of credit by going on this trip.
|$4300||Full-time FPU traditional undergrad student; includes FPU scholarship|
|$5500||Alumni, staff or faculty, friends|
Cost includes: R/T airfare from Los Angeles, all internal travel, lodging, most meals
Cost does not include: passport, vaccinations, souvenirs
Registration and Deadlines
This program is open to FPU traditional undergraduate students at a subsided rate and is also open to other students, staff, faculty and alumni. Applications should be submitted by December 15 to guarantee a spot. After you apply, Dr. McMillen will contact you about further details. Limit of 20 persons on the trip.
All who are interested in this trip will need to fill out a Summer Short Term Study Abroad Application and enroll through the EF College Study Tours website.