Spend six weeks traveling in China and Vietnam during the summer of 2019 and take two to three classes in fall 2019 semester learning about a fascinating and exotic region. You'll see some of the most beautiful landscape in the world and experience the history, religion, business and politics of this amazing part of the world!
During your time in the region you will:
- Travel throughout China including Beijing, Xian, Shangai, Sichuan Province and Nanjing.
- Travel through Vietnam including Hanoi, Hue, Danang and Hue.
- Learn about the history and religious diversity of both countries.
- Learn how people in this dynamic region do business.
- Walk the Great Wall of China and the narrow streets of Old Hanoi
- See 2,000-year-old terra-cotta warriors and see how Vietnam overcame multiple enemies
- Visit Hmong and other ethnic minority villages in Vietnam.
- Earn 4 – 10 units of FPU credit
- Fulfill G.E. Focus Series and obtain major/minor credit.
- Grow in your Christian walk and understanding of God’s call on your life.
FPU is proud to offer a program that is both high quality and affordable. Students who register for a minimum of 7 credits connected with the trip (see below) will pay their round-trip airfare, typically about $1,000, plus another $1,000. (Any additional costs for obtaining a passport, visa and vaccinations ($200-$500) will be the student's responsibility.)
Credit and Courses
Students may earn 4 to 10 units of credit from the program. Tentative course options include:
- History and Politics of Modern Asia**
- Religion and Culture of East Asia **
- International Business
- Cultural Geography of East Asia
**Taking History and Politics of Modern Asia and Religion and Culture of East Asia will fulfill the requirements of the G.E. Focus Series
Classes in the program can be adapted for a variety of majors including: business, intercultural studies, political science, history and liberal studies.
March/April 2019: Orientation Sessions
June 1 – July 15: (six weeks) Travel in Vietnam and China
Fall 2019: take 2 – 3 classes connected with trip that apply to Focus Series or major/minor
This program is open to traditional undergraduate students. If you are interested in this study abroad tour, please fill out this application.
For more information contact:
- Ken Martens Friesen, Political Science/History at 559-453-7126 or email@example.com,
*Costs are approximate and are based on registering for a minimum of 7 units connected with the trip in Fall 2019. Those who don’t register for at least 7 units or who drop classes will be charged an additional $2000 (minimum). This price is for full-time traditional undergrad students. Degree Completion, part-time, alumni, staff, and others are welcome to also come on the summer trip for a reasonable additional amount.
*** Dates and details may be modified