Spend a Summer semester in the land of spicy food, Gandhi, amazing colors, ancient cultures and religions. Encounter the needs and challenges of the villages and cities, and participate in projects and churches that seek to offer God’s hope. Join FPU-in-India for the Summer 2016 Semester! During these 8 weeks you will:
- See historic and sacred sites like the Taj Mahal and the Ganges River
- Ride rickshaws and trains
- Walk the narrow streets of Old Delhi
- Eat Indian rice and curry in a family home
- Serve alongside Indian Christian organizations in church and development initiatives
- Earn a minimum of 7 credits for your major, focus series, and/or electives
- Grow in your Christian walk and understanding of God’s call on your life
Students will register for 7 credits in Fall 2016 (see below) which helps to cover most costs. All student aid, including institutional aid, federal government aid and California state aid, may be used towards the India trip. Students are only responsible for:
- Round trip airfare to India—typically about $1500-$1600
- An additional program fee of $500
- Any additional costs for obtaining a passport, visa, and vaccinations ($200 - $500)
June 6-10: Orientation, Religions and Mission classes in Fresno (Location TBD)
June 12 - July 6 (3 ½ weeks): Travel in south and north India
July 6 – July 27 (3 weeks): Mission Practicum in Delhi
July 27-30: Debriefing in India
July 31: return flight to U.S.
Classes* (7 credits)
- Indian religions (3 credits)
- Contextual Mission/Ministry (3 credits)
- Intercultural Studies Practicum (1 credit)
- Fill out application. Go to http://www.fresno.edu/programs-majors/study-abroad/india-semester-abroad
- Have two persons, a spiritual leader/pastor and a faculty member, fill-out and submit a reference on your behalf. Give them the FPU-in-India reference link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FZ52RSM.
For more information, contact:
- Darren Duerksen at 559-453-2265 or email@example.com,
- Ken Martens Friesen at 559-453-7126 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Arnie Prieb in the International Programs and Services Office at 559-453-2128 or email@example.com.
* Dates and Details may be modified
** Costs are based on registering for a minimum of 7 units in Fall 2016. Those who don’t or who drop classes will be charged an additional $2000 (minimum).