Spend six weeks traveling in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia in the summer of 2017 and take two to three classes in Fall 2017 semester learning about a fascinating and exotic region. You’ll taste the culture (and food!) of Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. You’ll see some of the most beautiful landscape in the world and experience the history, religion, business and politics of this amazing region!
During your time in the region you will:
- Travel throughout Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia.
- Learn about the history and religious diversity in each of these countries.
- Learn how people in this dynamic region do business.
- Walk the narrow streets of Old Hanoi.
- Visit Hmong and other ethnic minority villages in Vietnam and Laos.
- See world renowned cultural sites of Angkor Wat, Halong Bay and Luang Prabang
- Earn 4 – 10 units of FPU credit
- Fulfill G.E. Focus Series and obtain major/minor credit.
- Grow in your Christian walk and understanding of God’s call on your life.
FPU is proud to offer a program that is both high quality and affordable. Students who register for a minimum of 7 credits connected with the trip in Fall 2017 (see below) will pay their round-trip airfare plus $1000-$1500. Round trip airfare to Southeast Asia is typically about $1100. (Any additional costs for obtaining a passport, visa, and vaccinations ($200 - $500) will be the student’s responsibility.)
Credit and Courses
Students may earn 4 to 10 units of credit from the program. Tentative course options include:
- History and Politics of Modern Vietnam**
- Religion and Culture of Southeast Asia **
- International Business
- Cultural Geography of Southeast Asia
**Taking History and Politics of Modern Vietnam and Religion and Culture of Southeast Asia will fulfill the requirements of the G.E. Focus Series
Classes in the program can be adapted for a variety of majors including: Business, Intercultural Studies, Political Science, History, and Liberal Studies.
March/April 2017: Orientation Sessions
June 15 – July 31: (six weeks) Travel in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia
Fall 2017: take 1 – 3 classes connected with trip
This program is open to traditional undergraduate students.
The Vietnam Hybrid 2017 program is full. If you are interested in going please contact Ken Martens Friesen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact:
- Ken Martens Friesen, Political Science/History at 559-453-7126 or email@example.com,
- Jim Bryan, Business, at 559-453-2224 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arnie Prieb in the International Programs and Services Office at 559-453-2128 or email@example.com.
*Costs are approximate and are based on registering for a minimum of 7 units connected with the trip in Fall 2017. Those who don’t register for at least 7 units or who drop classes will be charged an additional $2000 (minimum). This price is for full-time traditional undergrad students. Degree Completion, part-time, alumni, staff, and others are welcome to also come on the summer trip for a reasonable additional amount.
*** Dates and details may be modified