The accounting major at Fresno Pacific University will prepare you as a leader in the world of business and accounting by providing a solid academic foundation, practical experience and a strong focus on ethics in the workplace. You will also be prepared for life beyond your degree with CPA examination preparation and guidance into graduate studies. The accounting faculty are committed to developing you individually to your highest potential for career advancement.
- Majority of accounting students graduate in four years (two years if transferring), with 150+ units which meet the CPA certificate requirement in California
- Accounting majors who graduate from FPU have a 99% success rate in securing jobs even before graduation
- Internship opportunities with local business partners
- Small class sizes and close, personal interaction with professors
- Internship and fulltime job referrals
Graduating with a degree in accounting will afford you numerous career opportunities in the fields of auditing, tax preparation, consulting and management in the public, private and non-profit sectors. These include careers in a national, regional and local CPA firms, manufacturing, health care, agriculture, government organizations, charitable organizations, churches and various other organizations.
Sylvia Kim, C.P.A.
Required Courses (20 Units)
|ACCT-400||Intermediate Accounting I||4|
|ACCT-405||Intermediate Accounting II||4|
Elective Courses (6-9 Units)
Select two of the following:
|ACCT-417||Accounting Information Systems||3|
|ACCT-421||Accounting Ethics and Professional Responsibilities||3|
|ACCT-451||Financial Statement Analysis||3|
Required Capstone Courses (3 Units)
|ACCT-481||VITA (Voluntary Income Tax Assistance)||1|