As a kinesiology major with an emphasis in exercise science at Fresno Pacific University, you’ll gain the skills necessary to pursue entry-level careers in the fitness industry, such as personal training, corporate fitness and strength and conditioning. Whether you want to study nutrition, dance or outdoor sports, you’ll graduate with fundamental knowledge in areas such as biomechanics and physiology of exercise as well as applied experiences in areas such as fitness assessment and exercise program design. This degree will also provide you with a solid foundation for entry-level fitness certifications from professional organizations in the fitness industry.
- Choose from a variety of emphasis courses that appeal to you and your studies
- Small class sizes allow for more personalized education and mentoring
- Gain preparatory foundation for entry-level certifications from professional organizations such as the American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association
Common career paths in the fitness industry include personal training, corporate fitness, strength and conditioning and many more. This degree also prepares you for advanced course-work and certification.
Note: Emphasis courses are additional courses that are to be completed alongside the general education and parent program requirements as dictated by the Fresno Pacific University catalog. Please review the course requirements for baccalaureate programs and the general education summary in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Emphasis Courses (15-16 Units)
|KIN 275||Sport First Aid||3|
|KIN 441||Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription||4|
|KIN 441L||Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription Lab||0 - 0|
|KIN 451||Exercise Programming for Fitness and Performance||3|
|KIN 451L||Exercise Programming for Fitness and Performance||0 - 0|
Choose a minimum of 2 units from the following
|KIN 316||Coaching Methods||3|
|KIN 345||Analysis of Individual and Dual Sports||2|
|KIN 351||Analysis of Team Sports||2|
|KIN 357||Analysis of Outdoor Activities||1|
|KIN 359||Analysis of Fundamental Movements||1|
|KIN 370||Analysis of Non-Traditional Sports||1|
|KIN 375||Analysis of Dance||2|
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
Kinesiology (AS-T) to Kinesiology: Exercise Science, B.A
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA co-requisites and major courses fulfilled through ADT:
- KIN 251 Foundations of Kinesiology (3)
- BIOL 331/331L Human Anatomy (4) [Lower to Upper Division]
- BIOL 332/332L Human Physiology (4) [Lower to Upper Division]
- This program is offered as daytime traditional
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.