The general biology emphasis provides the maximum flexibility to craft a major to suit your particular interests. You are encouraged to consider off-campus summer programs and semester abroad programs for additional course enrichment.
- Put the flexibility of the general biology emphasis to good use and tailor the major to suit your goals and interests.
Common careers for biologists include teacher, researcher, lab coordinator and environmental scientist. Our graduates are also well-prepared for medical and graduate studies, including teacher credential programs, master’s and doctoral research.
Note: Emphasis courses are additional courses that are to be completed alongside the general education and parent program requirements as dictated by the Fresno Pacific University catalog. Please review the course requirements for baccalaureate programs and the general education summary in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
- One course in chemistry, mathematics or physical science (3-4 units)
- Upper division biology (5 units minimum)
- Additional courses in biology, chemistry, mathematics or physical sciences to complete 48 units in the major.
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
1. Biology (AS-T) to Biology, B.A.
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA co-requisites and major courses fulfilled through ADT:
- BIOL 111 General Biology: Cells and Physiology (4)
- BIOL 121 General Biology: Diversity and Ecology (4)
- CHEM 103 General Chemistry I (4)
- CHEM 104 General Chemistry II (4)
- MATH 210 Calculus I (4) [*replaces MATH-140]
- This program is offered as daytime traditional
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.