The secondary teaching emphasis will guide you to becoming a teacher in the field of biology.
Teacher Education Program Information
Students who are interested in applying for admission to the teacher education program should refer to the graduate school description of admissions requirements for the program and obtain academic advising from the program at least two semesters prior to completion of their degrees. LA-385: Critical Approaches to Teaching is recommended to students, as it provides school-based experiences with youth.
This emphasis will prepare you with the knowledge needed to enter a credential program and pursue a career as a biology teacher.
Note: Emphasis courses are additional courses that are to be completed alongside the general education and parent program requirements as dictated by the Fresno Pacific University catalog. Please review the course requirements for baccalaureate programs and the general education summary in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
- PHYS 120 General Physics I (4)
- PHYS 150 Earth Science (3)
- Additional courses in biology, physical sciences or LA 385 Critical Approaches to Teaching to complete 48 units in the major.
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
1. Biology (AS-T) to Biology, B.A.
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA co-requisites and major courses fulfilled through ADT:
- BIOL 111 General Biology: Cells and Physiology (4)
- BIOL 121 General Biology: Diversity and Ecology (4)
- CHEM 103 General Chemistry I (4)
- CHEM 104 General Chemistry II (4)
- MATH 210 Calculus I (4) [*replaces MATH-140]
- This program is offered as daytime traditional
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.