CDELC staff are happy to conduct presentations for your classes. We can take 10 minutes to provide an overview of our services, or we can spend a full class period focusing on topics of your choice. Presentations may be held in your class or in the CDELC and include a tour and time for conducting career research. Topics include:
- How to Choose a Major
- How to Find a Summer Job or Internship
- How to Make the Most of a Career Fair
- What Employers Are Really Looking For
- Work Values and Ethics
- Market Trends and Job Outlook
- Resume Letter Writing Skills
- Dress for Success
- Job Search Strategies (Internet included)
- Employer Research
We can also administer and interpret self-assessment tools such as True Colors and the Strong Interest Inventory. If you have a particular topic in mind that is not listed above, we will make every attempt to accommodate your request.
To schedule a presentation, simply send your request by email or call the CDELC at 559-453-2220. Advance notice is appreciated.