The Career Development Center offers assessments covering career interests, personality style, values and skills. These assessments are tools in self-discovery and will help you develop a profile of your interests and abilities.
Discussing the results of any assessment with a trained career counselor is important, as they can help you make sense of your results and guide you in making a deliberate and thoughtful career development plan.
The Career Key
(Holland Code Interest Inventory)
- Take the Career Key, a professional test or quiz, that measures your skills, abilities, values, interests and personality.
- Identify and get accurate information about promising jobs: salaries, employment outlook and training required ($14.95 one-time fee).
- Focus on your career goals.
- Browse through possible careers based on your answers.
- Read detailed career descriptions and learn what each career has to offer in wages, duties and rewards.
- Research schools that will launch you into the career or your dreams! (Free)
My Next Move
- Answer interest-based questions and find matching career suggestions based on Holland Codes.
- Read detailed career descriptions including the education required and wages. (Free)
- Discover what makes you tick (personality test) and how to find the career that fits. (Mini report free; full report: $7.95-$19.95)
John Holland’s Self-Directed Search
(Visit SCC 126 – Career Development Center for more information)
- A pencil-and-paper assessment booklet that measures your activities, skills and occupation preferences.
- Occupations finder helps you learn of careers that match your preferences.
- New veterans assessment and occupations finder with crosswalks from military to civilian occupations.