Most standardized graduate-school tests are designed to identify potential success or capacities for success. Your score is critical to your application, but it is not the only element. Undergraduate transcripts, recommendation letters, and admissions essays are other considerations.
Which Exam is Right for You?
This exam is required for admission to most graduate schools and a growing number of business schools.
The GMAT exam is a computer-based assessment mostly taken by prospective business school students. GMAT scores are considered heavily for admission.
Almost all U.S. medical schools require students who hope to attend medical school to submit MCAT exam scores. Many schools do not accept MCAT exam scores that are more than three years old.
This test is for prospective law students. Because the field of law is so competitive, the admission committee will usually accept candidates only if their undergraduate GPA and LSAT score more than fulfill a school’s admission standards.
Test Preparation Resources
You can prepare for these and other tests through varying websites. Here is some information if you are interested.
- LSAT Exam Information—provides useful information about the process to help you get to the test center so you CRUSH the LSAT.
- Top Law School Admissions—Provides free access to LSAT medians, GPA requirements, as well as acceptance rates at all the top colleges in the US according to 2017 rankings.
- GRE Information: How to Prepare—discusses the GRE exam sections and how to prepare for them.
- GMAT Information—provides information about the GMAT process to help you obtain an excellent score.
- MCAT Preparation & Resources—offers information and tips on how to prepare for the MCAT.
- MCAT Test Prep Nerds—lists the best MCAT test prep books, prep courses and flash cards; free MCAT study guides and practice tests; and test dates and study schedules
- MCAT Best Way to Study—provides the best way to study the MCAT
- Chegg Test Prep—provides test preparation, courses, books, practice and tutoring for GRE, GMAT, MCAT, LSAT and more!