- Contact prospective schools as early as your freshman or sophomore years.
- Contact the school’s disability services office and let them know of your interest.
- Visit prospective school campuses including the school’s disabled student services office and speak directly with the people in charge of those services. The size and accessibility of the DSS office can be a good indicator of the resources available.
- Check the school’s website for a disability services page.
- Check to see if the school has a disabled student club or organization and contact current students with similar disabilities to find out what their experiences have been.
Excerpts from http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/resources/best-accredited-colleges-schools-for-students-with-disabilities/. Accessed 04/13/2017.