- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Grants are monies awarded to eligible students that do not have to be paid back from Federal and state programs, as well as postsecondary institutions.
- Check with the California Department of Rehabilitation program to see if postsecondary educational financial help is available or any other state rehabilitation agencies.
- Research to determine if there are disability-specific scholarships available, usually through disability-specific organizations such as the National Federation of the Blind and the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
- Look at other scholarships as well based upon your skills and abilities, not just your disabilities.
Loans and Grants
- U.S. Dept. of Education - Federal Student Aid
- 2017-2018 US. Dept. of Education's Guide to Federal Student Aid
- Chairscholars Foundation
- National Center for Learning Disabilities - Scholarships & Awards
- Rise Scholarship Foundation
- Scholarships by Disability
- Understood - Scholarships for Students with Learning & Attention Issues
- Vocational & Career College Scholarships
Excerpts from http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/resources/best-accredited-colleges-schools-for-students-with-disabilities/. Accessed 04/13/2017.