Fresno Pacific University reserves the right to refuse to permit a student to inspect the following records:
- Financial information submitted by parents.
- Confidential letters and recommendations placed in their files prior to January 1, 1975, provided these letters were collected under established policies of confidentiality and were used only for the purposes for which they were specifically collected.
- Confidential letters and statements of recommendation, placed in the records after January 1, 1975, to which the student has waived his or her right to inspect and review and that are related to the student's admission, application for employment or job placement, or receipt of honors.
- Education records containing information about more than one student; Fresno Pacific University does permit access to that part of the record, which pertains only to the inquiring student.
- Records connected with an application to attend Fresno Pacific University or a component unit of Fresno Pacific University if that application was denied.
- Those records which are excluded from the FERPA definition of education records.