Evening Accelerated (Degree Completion)

View section navigation menu Section menu

The Registrar's Office handles all requests for transferring courses to FPU. Whether you are a new FPU student transferring from another institution or a student currently enrolled at FPU wishing to take classes at another school, your appeal to transfer that course credit to FPU will ultimately go through this office.

Transcript Evaluation and Transfer Policy

All documents used for transcript evaluation must be official and unopened.

  1. Transfer Guidelines: The following guidelines are used when considering transfer credit
    1. Courses are completed at a regionally or ABHE, ATS or TRACS accredited institution.
    2. Courses are baccalaureate-level courses.
    3. Student received a grade of C- or better.
    4. Courses/tests are not duplicate to credit already received.
    5. All GE and major courses must be taken for a letter grade, not a pass/fail.
    6. All course credit is evaluated according to transfer standards in effect at the time the official transcript is received at FPU.
  2. Transfer Course Maximums: A combined maximum of 90-semester units from all sources may be transferred to Fresno Pacific University. This 90-semester unit limit can include work from the following sources:
    1. Regionally accredited two-year institutions (70 semester unit maximum)
    2. Regionally accredited four-year institutions (90 semester unit maximum)
    3. Advanced Placement [AP], College Level Examination Program [CLEP], International Baccalaureate [IB], Military/ACE, ACE, online agencies and services, unaccredited institutions, and Prior Learning Assessment [PLA] (30 semester unit maximum).
    4. Foreign Transfer Credit – see Foreign Transcript Evaluation
      *Please Note: Transfer credit that does not fall within these designated learning experiences will not be accepted in transfer at Fresno Pacific University.

  3. Credit/No Credit: Courses with a credit/no credit may be transferred providing that the standard for the pass grade is equal to or above a grade of C- at the institution from which the course is taken. Credit/no credit courses transfer as elective study credit only and cannot fulfill General Education or Major requirements.
  4. ACE Courses: Units will be awarded for documented, college-level learning based upon American Council of Education (ACE) recommendations. ACE courses transfer as elective study credit only and cannot fulfill General Education or Major requirements. Students with ACE units should request a transcript from the ACE
  5. Military Courses: Units awarded for documented military training are based upon the ACE Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services recommendations or official transcripts from military branches. To request military transcripts, please go to the following sites: Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy or Air Force
  6. CLEP Exams: Credit for CLEP subject examinations is equal to that of the Fresno Pacific University. The university will use the minimum score for awarding credit according to ACE recommendations. A maximum of 30 CLEP units will be accepted. See CLEP Exam Chart [DC]
  7. AP Exams: Students may be granted a maximum of 3 semester units of credit for each subject in which they have submitted scores of 3 or higher on Advanced Placement Tests. See AP Exam Chart [DC]

Prospective FPU Students

If you are currently applying to FPU and would like to transfer course credit from another institution, please check with the FPU Outreach Staff Member at one of the four regional campuses in the following locations: the Merced Campus, the North Fresno Campus, the Visalia Campus, or the Bakersfield Campus. You may also want to review the information on this page to get an idea of how your coursework will transfer to FPU.

Current FPU Students

If you are currently enrolled at FPU and would like to take courses at another school, please check with the Registrar’s Office to ensure the class will transfer back to FPU and meet your specific requirement.

Transfer courses from local community colleges

If you are transferring course work from local community colleges or four-year universities, please refer to the links below for information on how your courses will transfer to Fresno Pacific University.