Transfer Course Approval Process

Section menu

Current FPU students wishing to take courses for credit at another institution while enrolled at FPU should obtain prior approval from the Registrar’s Office. Without written prior approval from the registrar, transfer credits may be denied, per the FPU catalog.

A completed Substitution Transfer Request form is required to obtain permission from the Registrar’s Office to take a class at another institution while attending FPU.  Please choose the correct form for your educational population:

Please note: No Substitution Transfer Request form is needed for courses that are transferred from institutions with transfer agreements with FPU. Check to see if your school has an General Education Transfer Agreement with FPU.

Steps for Approval

  1. Fill out and complete the Substitution Transfer Request form for your educational population [traditional undergrad, degree completion or graduate/seminary].
  2. Attach a copy of the course description syllabus. Course descriptions can be obtained from the institution’s academic catalog.
  3. Turn in your completed Substitution Transfer Request form to the Registrar’s Office. You should expect to receive a response in approximately two weeks.

Turning in a Substitution Transfer Request form does not guarantee that the transferred units will be accepted. Students must receive a grade of C- or higher in the course to transfer it to FPU.