Transfer FAQ

Section menu

How many units can I transfer?

The university can give credit for no more than 70 units of coursework from a two-year or junior college and unlimited units from a four-year institution.

Where do I send my transcripts?

Mailed transcripts: Registrar's Office, Fresno Pacific University, 1717 S. Chestnut Ave., Fresno, CA  93702-4709

Electronic transcripts:

Prospective FPU students (applicants) should submit their transcripts to the Admissions Office.

How can I find out whether a course from a certain college fulfills an FPU general education requirement?

You can look at our General Education Transfer Agreements to find out what courses meet general education requirements.

How can I find out how my CLEP and AP exam scores will transfer to FPU?

You can look at our CLEP and AP charts to find out how these exams scores will transfer to FPU.

I’m thinking about taking a course this summer at a college near my home. What do I do?

If you’re a current FPU student, first check our General Education Transfer Agreements to see if your school and/or course are listed. If they are, then you don’t need to do anything more! You may proceed to take the class as planned and send a transcript of the completed coursework to the Registrar’s Office to receive credit.

If you can’t find your school and/or course listed, fill out a Substitution Transfer Request form [see forms below] and submit it to the Registrar's Office for review. You can expect to hear a response in approximately two weeks as to how the course will count as credit at FPU. Once you’ve completed the course, make sure to have your official transcripts sent to the Registrar’s Office to receive credit.

If you’re a prospective student (applicant), contact your admissions counselor for more information about transferring courses to FPU.