Start date: Ongoing
The Mathematics and STEM Education programs at Fresno Pacific University offer Master’s Degrees in Mathematics Education (both Elementary and Secondary Emphases) and integrative STEM Education. Each of these programs are 33 unit degrees; with much of those units in content related courses. All courses are taught in the evenings or online. The underlying philosophy of these programs is that of inspiring the creative use of concrete, hands-on, minds-on, curricula. The adjunct professor in these programs should possess a history of running active, student-centered, developmentally appropriate classrooms. The position of Adjunct Faculty would be a member of the team of collaborative instructors in these courses. The program graduates are well prepared and highly desired in the educational community in California’s Central Valley.
Faculty member will
- Teach courses as assigned;
- Collaborate with faculty and lead instructor for course(s) taught.
Faculty member will
- Author new course work as requested;
- Collaborate with faculty and advisory board regarding new program and course development.
- Earned master’s or terminal degree in Mathematics or Science Education with a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or one of the core “Hard” sciences;
- California Single Subject teaching credential in Mathematics;
- Experience in teaching mathematics within the K-14 setting;
- Familiarity and command of standard mathematical classroom technologies (e.g. graphing calculators, Desmos, Geometer’s Sketchpad, Geogebra, etc.);
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment;
- Ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds;
- Information oriented computer skills;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Terminal degree in Mathematics Education;
- A history of leadership within the mathematics or science education fields;
- Experience working as a Professional Development provider.
Dependent on qualifications.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
Dr. Gary Gramenz
Dean, School of Education
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email email@example.com
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.