Department: School of Humanities, Religion, and Social Sciences
Start date: August 23, 2021
The School of Humanities, Religion, and Social Sciences seeks applications for an adjunct faculty to provide Private Voice Instruction to music majors and non-majors. Ability to teach additional courses such as Vocal Pedagogy and Vocal Performance Workshop are also desirable.
Adjunct Faculty of Vocal Music
- Master’s degree in Music with an emphasis in Vocal Music Performance
- Teaching experience in Music at the high school or college levels
- Strong commitment to teaching vocal musicianship and vocal repertoire
- Evidence of professional-level vocal performance
- Experience in, or aptitude for, undergraduate-level teaching
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Terminal degree in Music or related field
- College level teaching experience
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body as well as promote diversity
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Send a letter of application, a completed adjunct faculty application (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), transcripts or placement file to:Ron Herms, Ph.D.
School of HRSS, Box 2301
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
Fresno, CA 93702
OR email email@example.com
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.