Department: Nursing - The School of Natural Sciences
Reports to: Program Director Chair - Department of Nursing, Health Sciences Division, School of Natural Sciences
Start date: Summer, Fall, and Spring Semesters Available
Fresno Pacific University’s growing nursing program invites applications for a nursing educator to join a visionary team as it builds new programs. The School of Natural Sciences seeks applications for adjunct faculty to instruct undergraduate and/or graduate courses in nursing. The current CCNE accredited programs include an ADN – BSN program and an MSN program with a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) focus. A baccalaureate BSN program is in the feasibility phase. Nursing faculty will work with a talented team of faculty and university leadership to expand innovative and Christ-centered service to those who are underserved.
- Teach in undergraduate and/or graduate nursing programs
TUG BSN or RN to BSN Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or other nursing related graduate level degree
- Minimum one (1) year direct patient RN experience within the previous five (5) years in the nursing area to which assigned to teach
- One (1) academic year of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience
- Active and unencumbered California RN license, PHN certificate highly desired
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or other nursing related graduate level degree. DNP highly desired
- National Certification in family practice by AANPCB or ANCC and 1+ year continuous, full-time work experience as a NP in family practice/primary care (for courses that require an instructor who is a NP)
- Minimum one (1) academic year of graduate level nursing teaching experience
- Active and unencumbered California RN and NP licenses
Additional Requirements for both programs:
- Coursework or expertise related to the disciplines instructed
- Experience in, or aptitude for, collegiate-level teaching
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church
- Ability to learn and navigate technology, course management systems, and virtual learning environments such as Moodle
- Bilingual and multicultural competencies
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
An application is available at the link below.
Send a letter of application, a completed adjunct faculty application (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), transcripts or placement file to:Dr. Karen Cianci
Dean, School of Natural Sciences
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2304
Fresno, CA 93702
OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.